Top 10 traits of the Perfect Leader
- **Is a good coach.**Rather than solve every problem as soon as it arises, the best managers use problems as teaching moments.
- Empowers team and does not micromanage.
- Creates an inclusive team environment, showing concern for success and well-being. In a team with high psychological safety, teammates feel safe to take risks around their team members. They feel confident that no one on the team will embarrass or punish anyone else for admitting a mistake, asking a question, or offering a new idea.
- Is productive and results-oriented.
- Is a good communicator — listens and shares information.
- Supports career development and discusses performance.
- Has a clear vision/strategy for the team.
- Has key technical skills to help advise the team.
- Collaborates effectively. Great managers see the big picture. They work for the good of the company as a whole, and encourage their teams to do the same.
- Is a strong decision-maker. Great managers aren't impulsive, but they are decisive. After getting to know the facts and considering the thoughts and perspectives of their teams, they move things forward — even if that requires making a decision not everyone will approve of.