- Be kind.
- Don't be snarky.
- Have curious conversation; don't cross-examine.
- Don't fulminate.
- Don't sneer at others.
- Comments should get more thoughtful and substantive, not less, as a topic gets more divisive.
- When disagreeing, please reply to the argument instead of calling names. "That is idiotic; 1 + 1 is 2, not 3" can be shortened to "1 + 1 is 2, not 3."
- Please respond to the strongest plausible interpretation of what someone says, not a weaker one that's easier to criticize. Assume good faith.
- Eschew flamebait. Avoid unrelated controversies and generic tangents.
- Don't use UPPERCASE for emphasis. If you want to emphasize a word or phrase, make it bold or italic. Most of the times, it is never needed.
- Don't ask to ask, just ask.