- “Speak only if it improves upon the silence.” - Mahatma Gandhi
- “Never say anything that doesn't improve on silence.” ― Richard Yates
- I appreciate silence in a world that never stops talking.
- It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.
- Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
- Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses.
- You should try not to talk so much, friend. You'll sound far less stupid that way.
- Silence is only frightening to people who are compulsively verbalizing.
- Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them.
- "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment." - Benjamin Franklin
- Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken.
- It is always assumed by the empty-headed, who chatter about themselves for want of something better, that people who do not discuss their affairs openly must have something to hide.
- “in times like the present, one should utter nothing for which they would not willingly be responsible through time and eternity.” ― Abraham Lincoln
- What's the use of complaining about something you have no intentions of changing it?
- The quieter you become the more you are able to hear.